Monday 20 August 2012

More August Pic

Some pics I've taken since my last post. Enjoy!

Little man was so tired he fell asleep on the floor. :/

My marachino cherry canning adventures.  I haven't tried any yet (was told to leave them a month or so to absorb the sugar really well) but I'll share when I do. :)
I decided to process them in a baking dish of water in the oven as I don't own a canning pot.

In the oven and ready to go!

I turned them over on a tea towel to cool overnight at my Granny's suggestion and let me tell you that woman knows her canning. Every single jar was good and popped in the morning! Definitely going to use that trick again. :)
 And all that hard work made me hungry and since I couldn't eat any of the maraschino cherries I made kale chips. And they were lovely. The first batch was "cheddar" flavored I used salt and nutritional yeast (it tastes cheesy, who'da guessed?) and the second batch is ranch, I just used powdered ranch and salt.  Both were so yummy and healthy. :)


Lucy showing off her "house jacket"
 And then we had a visit from the lovely Katherine and Mladen.  Lucy LOVES it when Katherine comes to visit because Katherine spends most of the time reading to her. I quite enjoy their visits, too as I miss the days when they lived here and we could hang out all the time. ;)


 Lucy and Liam had their first sleepover, so here are a few pictures from that. :)

Liam loves to come up and play with Christopher's feet while I have him in my lap. I didn't catch the actual foot playing with though as Liam was WAY more interested in the camera once it made an appearance.

Cooking something. It was so cute to watch, Liam would blab away and Lucy would answer him and then he would blab some more and she would answer again.
 And this picture is from today.  Mr. Man in the booster seat for the very first time. I'm so tired of having the bouncy chair sitting on my dining table and figured out how to get the booster to recline a bit so it's perfect. He really likes having the tray, too so his toys don't run away as easily.

We have also really been enjoying getting to skype with my parents regularly in the past week.  Lucy love getting to talk to them and I think it is so cool how she shares things with them, tells them about her stuffies, tells them stories and remembers who they are from visit to visit. :)

And it is now 9pm, my kitchen is clean, laundry done, both kids sleeping soundly, blog updated :) and I am off to bed to hopefully get a couple hours of sleep in before the first time Christopher wakes up to be fed.

1 comment:

  1. i must say your kids are so cute i love them and you

    ReplyDelete